- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Wrapping Christmas and holiday loot.

Friday, December 28, 2012

Wrapping Christmas and holiday loot.

Well Christmas has wrapped at the Livengood household and the new year is on our doorstep. I'm still celebrating. I refuse to take down my trees and presents are still scattered around the den. My mother rips Christmas down the very next day while she watches Gone with the Wind, but I'm in no hurry to make it all disappear. When I finally get in the mood, I'll pull out Bridget Jones's Diary, Something's Gotta Give and The Holiday. Those are my packing it up tradition.

There are leftovers bursting out of the fridge from our Christmas day feast: cinnamon buns, honey ham, potato salad with bacon and cheese, sugary and goey pies, pickles and olives... we'll be eating on these until we can't stand one more bite. And today I'm making ham bone soup. We always cook for an invisible army.

The present giving this year was off the chain.  I thought I'd take you on a tour of the loot and share some of my favorite family pics from our celebrations.  I hope you and yours have a great New Years Eve and day.  I can't wait to share my New Years resolutions with you and to get these Southern Egg Rolls made again!  You must click on the link and check them out.  They are the best part of the new year!


Santa filled our stockings with all sorts of goodies.  I discovered these Guinness and Bourbon Marshmallows from Wondermade.com. We haven't cracked them open yet, but I'm pacing waiting on him to offer me a bite!


I found these under the tree just for me.  A holiday selection from Seattle Chocolates.  
I've had these on my Pinterest wish list for a while now.  


My sister got me this t'shirt that is totally, absolutely, 100% me.  
If I had a team shirt, this would be it. I love it!  


AND she got me GREEN!!! Converse.  She rocks. 


I'm not the only one racking up at Christmas!  Look at my child's haul!  Her highlights were a first computer, Littlest Petshop and Monster High dolls.  I think we sort of went overboard, but it may be her last Christmas that she actually asks for toys.


Another online find that found its way into the husband's stocking.  We are stoked about trying it!


A super cool etsy find from my parents.


Other highlights:
Jewelry by my favorite metal artist, Molly Dingledine.

 Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton, which I immediately tore into and read in three days.  I swear the book was fantastic but actually put me into a frustrated and angry mood. When you read the book, you'll understand.  Her life is just frustrating! 

A new satellite radio system for my kitchen.  Mine was archaic. I've programmed in all of my favorite channels: 40's on 4, The Pulse, Alternative Nation, Margaritaville, Coffee House, The Blend. Gotta have my tunes while I cook.

Comfy jammy pants, fiesta ware...a jersey duvet cover which I have been dying for for years and years and it is pure heaven. 

Oh! And Secrets of the Best Chefs, Adam Roberts's new cookbook.


A nativity from my dear friend. She gave me Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus last year and added the Wise Men this year.


Yes, I am a spoiled brat.
Happy New Year (if you don't hear from me before then)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely going to be looking up those marshmallows! Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. :) Happy new year!