- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: ChefQ6: Chef Vicky Moore from The Lazy Goat

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

ChefQ6: Chef Vicky Moore from The Lazy Goat


I adore Lazy Goat Chef, Vicky Moore.  I pretty much stalked her at the Euphoria event two years ago until I was brave enough to ask for a picture.  She's a fabulously brilliant chef and a cutey patootie to boot.  She was nice enough to play ChefQ6 with us. (Thanks Vicky!)


How did you come to be a chef?
My parents told me a long time ago to take what I love doing and figure out to earn a living at it...that you will never "work" a day in your life.

What is your first food memory?
Making corn bread at 5 years of age with my Nannie, in a 500 degree iron skillet. It was my job.

What are your go-to cookbooks?
If I don't know how to make it, I can always count on Thomas Keller, Frank Stitt, Jose Garces or Ferran Adria.

What is the strangest thing in your home fridge?
Probably Acidophilus

Besides the basics (salt, knives, etc) what kitchen tool or ingredient can you not live without?
Does espresso machine count? Mini Mesh Strainers, and a good skimming ladle. Sherry Vinegar.

Who or what has most influenced you as a chef and why?
The impact that culture has on cuisine. The anthropology of cuisine. When I develop a recipe or a menu, time permitting, I like to do a little research of the culture of a region that peaks my interest. I like to find out what types of produce and livestock grow there, what the people are like, what they do for work, etc.

No comments: