- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Bucket List 2013: Charleston Edition

Monday, March 11, 2013

Bucket List 2013: Charleston Edition

If you read the blog with any regularity, you know I flee to Charleston whenever possible.  It's my second favorite place (besides Greenville, of course) and I love nothing more than exploring their vast culinary scene. In honor of warmer weather soon approaching, and more frequent trips to the coast, I thought I'd fill you in on my Bucket List for this summer.

This is my Bucket List for 2013, the Charleston Edition.

1) I am obsessed with getting to FIG. Located at 232 Meeting Street, Charleston, the place has been open since 2003.  (You'd think I would have made it by now.) Meeting Chef Mike Lata is high on my list, too, and I may get my chance late summer.  Rumor is he may be one of the visiting chefs for Euphoria in September.  I hope I get to interview him!

2) The Ordinary. The classy oyster bar/ a la carte seafood joint is Mike Lata's second Restaurant venture with business partner Adam Nemirow. It opened last year at 544 King Street (coolest street in the entire State) in Charleston.  Again, if I'm gonna interview the dude, I must try his food.  That's my motto and I'm sticking to it.

3) Sugar Bakeshop. Cupcakes, cookies, tarts and pies, oh my. I'm slowly making my way around Charleston bakeries and this little bakery on Cannon Street is next on my list. The place has been in Southern Living, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine.  Are you getting the picture?  It's a must.

4) Dangermuffin.  Okay, so it's not food.  But it sounds like food and they are from Folly Beach and if I don't get to see them live this year, I will be sadly disappointed.

5) Charleston Food Truck Rodeo. I've lost count of how many food trucks there are in Charleston. I have eaten at approximately zero, so I have lots of catching up to do.  What better way to hit them all than a food truck rodeo?  Roti Rolls is on my list.  Cast Iron is on there. And Diggity Doughnuts is DEFINITELY on my list.  I think the girl who runs this truck knows my schedule and purposefully closes when I'm in shouting distance. BA!  Listen lady, I am going to try your doughnuts this summer!

And the list is growing...

1 comment:

April said...

Let me lengthen your list (because these are on mine too!):

1) Get buzzed at the Gin Joint (where Bill Murray is known to be found)!
2) The Auto Banh Truck for their banh mi
3) Cristophe Chocolatiers located juuust off King St (think it's actually on Society, but don't quote me on it). I stumbled upon it last time, it's the place where the real French people that own it get pissed if you take photos inside. It's adorable and worth finding.

Man, let's GO! Pack the stretchy pants and get's just... let's!