- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: the food truck war and other Tuesday things.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

the food truck war and other Tuesday things.


There's a food truck war going on in Greenville at the moment.  For a good roundup of the details go here. The City seems to want to keep food trucks out and being the big food truck fan that I am (and you are) that's not going to fly.  The Owl Restaurant (728 Wade Hampton Blvd) is organizing a peaceful protest tomorrow in their parking lot starting at 5:30pm.  It's going to be a huge event. (Thanks for hosting, guys!) Go out to support our local food trucks: Asada, Neue Southern and Chocolate Moose, and tell everyone you know!  There are at least three more food trucks coming to Greenville, hopefully by early summer.  The city needs to support these small businesses, not shut them out.  Here's some mood music.


In Starbuck's news, they are coming out with a new series of city mugs.  Charlotte gets their own mug.  My question?  Where the heck is our Greenville mug? We are way cooler than Charlotte. The good news is that they are writing on cups again instead of slapping on those ungodly order stickers.  THANK YOU! Aesthetics, people!


Hey, did you know Greenville has a juice bar?  It's called Good To Go Raw Juice Bar and it's located at 5000 Old Spartanburg Road in Taylors.  I haven't been, but someone told me about it, so I thought I'd pass it on. 


I've kicked Downton Abbey to the curb.  Too low key for my afternoon walks.  I am now totally obsessed with the web series Squaresville. It's like an innocent version of Girls... two misfits, Esther and Zelda, who are just kickin' it in their hometown, doing quarky teanage stuff.  Love it. Yes, I watch television on my iPhone while I walk.  No, I don't run into people or fall down. Go check it out. 


Cookbook authors, The Lee Brothers, are coming to Greenville on March 20th for Fiction Addiction's Book Your Lunch series.  The book store says there are still tickets left.  $65 pays for lunch at The Lazy Goat and a copy of their newest cookbook, which I'm assuming you can get signed by the authors at the event.  Worth checking out. Here's their Facebook link

This is my favorite song of the week. Enjoy.



That's all I have for now.  I tried out the new (and very popular) Rick's Deli today, but I'll save that for another post.  Toodles.


No comments: