- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Rip and file, Mason Jar swag and stocking musts

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Rip and file, Mason Jar swag and stocking musts


It's time for the monthly rip and file.  The monthly mag subscriptions have gotten totally out of hand.  But it sure makes for some cool ideas.

in the kitchen: Broccoli is the new Brussel sprout. Thank God cause I was getting pretty tired of seeing those little tiny cabbage boogers all over the place.  (I still have a bag in my fridge that may go bad before I can decide what to do with them.) There's a super yummy recipe for Flash-Roasted Broccoli with Spicy Crumbs (meaning pepperoni and panko) in this month's Food and Wine.  

And I'm definitely  making these pork looking eggroll things in the near future. 



to buy: I'm newly obsessed with drinking out of Mason jars.  Mainly I am a total klutz and they are really great for not tipping over when I side swipe them. Okay, so now there is a Mason Jar Shaker by W+P Design.  It's been in all the mags this season.  But the coolest in new Mason Jar swag is this sippy cup top from Cuppow that turns your jar into a spill proof cup.  

Pinned Image

Someone needs to purchase this for me for Christmas.  I am in need. 

Dear Santa: I happened upon an ad for White Chocolate Peppermint Pringles. 
  
White Chocolate Peppermint Pringles

What. The. Hell.  I think I need these in my stocking. If you see them somewhere, message me immediately so I can tell Santa.  

to give is better than sex: okay, maybe not, but it does feel good.  If I had a bow tie guy in my life, I'd totally get them a bow tie from The Cordial Churchman out of Rock Hill.  I really don't think my brother or my husband, being the non-wearing-tie males they are, would appreciate the gesture.  But maybe you know someone...

There's a party going on in my house... I'm sitting here blogging. Maybe socializing would be a good thing today?  Have a good weekend and happy Christmas shopping!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Mason Jars, for everything. drinking, decorating, gift giving.