- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Nashville, Spartanburg and some tasty cupcakes

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Nashville, Spartanburg and some tasty cupcakes

Nashville Poster

Okay, so if you aren't watching Nashville, you totally should be.  I am hooked.  I watched one show and then clamored to watch the other three I had missed like immediately.  It completely makes you want to listen to country music and run out and buy some cowboy boots and maybe a guitar... Connie Britton and  Hayden Panettiere can both sing pretty damn well, but this new girl Clare Bowen is off the charts.  The men in the show aren't half bad either.  Trust me.  Go check it out.

Spartanburg, South Carolina

Today I found myself in Spartanburg again for the day job.  I was there to check out the Spartanburg Science Center but didn't leave town before taking in a little bit of Sparkle City's culinary scene.  I met fellow blogger Danielle Spakes (www.sweet-southern-girl.com) at Cuzina Grill for a little tasty Greek fare.  Their Gyro is crazy good. I thought about ordering a second one as I finished the first, just because I knew it would be a while before I could get back for another, but felt a bit like a squirrel stocking up for winter, so decided against it.


I have heard great things about this little gift shop and bakery called Sugah Cakes on Pine Street, so I made a point to swing through there on the way out of town.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I still got my usual four cupcakes from Cakehead Bakery (I never leave town without them! Best cupcakes ever.) but I did buy a few of Sugah Cakes's cupcakes too just to compare.  They were pretty good!  Nice cake recipe.  Good icing, but still not kicking Cakehead off the top spot.  I loved their little gift shop, though, definitely worth a visit if you're in the Spartanburg area and are into seasonal home decor. And it wouldn't hurt to grab a cupcake or so for the road.

Tomorrow is Friday! Yea! And it's 5 o'clock so let happy hour commence. 

Happy evening all!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to meet you today! Glad you got your cupcakes :)

Unknown said...

I think JDaniel and I will need to take a road trip from Greenville to compare cupcakes.