- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: bookclub, creative consumption and Greenville's first food truck rodeo

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

bookclub, creative consumption and Greenville's first food truck rodeo


My daughter totally rocked out our Cookbook book club on Monday night with a version of this cake from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook .  It was one of the best bookclub meetings yet due to the scrumptious recipes in this book. 


We had stuffed mushrooms, creamy chicken enchilladas, Dr. Pepper pulled pork, chocolaty cups of creme, potatoes au gratin (I made these), hummus... I'm telling you, it was a feast! We still have room in our group if anyone is interested in joining for the new year!

I voted. Girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do for a sticker, right? 


If I don't quit eating Halloween candy... arg!  There's a huge bowl of Tootsie Rolls and Butterfinger staring at me in my kitchen and I can't bring myself to throw them away.  I'm brainstorming ways to get rid of them through consumption. The s'more I made from a mini snickers was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth.  Yum! You gotta try it.  


And on to some foodie news: 
I hear Greenville's gonna have it's very first Food Truck Rodeo!  Well, a mini rodeo, anyway... According to the Neue Southern Food Truck Facebook site the Asada Truck and Pies R Squared will be joining them in the Stone's Point shopping center by Community Tap on Saturday from 5pm - 8 pm for a mini rodeo.  Greenville has to get more food trucks.  Any news on that front?

Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking

Cookbook fan like I am? Then you'll want to know about this: Fiction Addiction is hosting cookbook authors Nathalie Dupree and Cynthia Graubart for the Friday, November 30 Book your Lunch event at Soby's in downtown Greenville.  Their new book "Mastering the Art of Southern Cooking" is one you will definitely want to add to your collection. Want more info? Go here or call the bookstore at 864-675-0540.

Well, that's that folks on this rainy Wednesday.  I'm doing good to stay awake today!

No comments: