- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: A bonkers week ends with oat pancakes

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A bonkers week ends with oat pancakes

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Today was my Granny Milton's birthday.  So raise a Guinness to Granny today and don't forget to wear your green.

This week has been absolutely nuts.  BUT it has been incredibly magnificent and warm outside, so I didn't even mind too much that I was writing my butt off every day.  And that also meant it was the beginning of Margarita season in the Livengood household!


On Monday, my child was out of school, so before we ventured out to try on cowgirl boots, she and I met our friend Sommer at Kannika's Thai Kitchen on Haywood Road for lunch. Sierra's first Thai experience went quite well.   I started her off easy with a Spring roll and super mild Chicken Pad See Ew and she loved it.



Other events of the week: a Folk art exhibit opening at Greenville's Upcountry History Museum including pieces by Richard Burnside, William Thomas Thompson (who lives in Greenville in the old Gassaway Mansion), R.A. Miller, Mose Tolliver, and Howard Finster.  



The pieces are on loan from Scott Blackwell's personal collection.  If you've been down the cookie dough isle of the grocery store lately, then you've seen his cookies.  Yep, Scott is the founder of Immaculate Baking Company and a HUGE supporter of folk artists. I know him from my TRAM Fair Outsider Art/Folk Art Fest days, so it was nice to catch up on his latest ventures.  

I also went to see The Merchant of Venice at The Warehouse Theatre with my friends Josie and Jerry.  Our buddy Maxim was playing the part of the Prince of Moroco, so he got us tickets and we went to support the guy!  It was sponsor night so it was kind of cool to see former Lieutenant Governor Nick Theodore and the Mayor of Greenville, Knox White there, as well as some of Greenville's best actors/actresses and notable theater patrons  Even though I interview people on a regular basis, I still have a problem just walking up to people and saying hi.  I'm a goob.  What is wrong with me? 

So I'm ending with oat pancakes.  


There are three blogs I read religiously: Yes, I want cake. and How Sweet It Is. and Amateur Gourmet. I marked the Oat Cakes with Peanut Butter + Maple Topping recipe on one of this week's Yes, I want cake.'s posts.  I revisited this morning and luckily had what I needed on hand to make them.  So very yum.  Please try these (but I'd double the batch if you are making for more than 2 people).


Random Stump pic. Isn't he cute?!

My tax season exhausted husband is doing laundry. I am ridden with guilt and must go help.  Have a great weekend and enjoy the fantastic weather.



No comments: