- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Sour Cream Butter Cream.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut Sour Cream Butter Cream.

Um.. YUM!  I've been stupendously busy writing for the mags lately, so haven't had much time in the kitchen.  Today, I was on a cupcake mission determined to make at least one batch. And oh, they are sooooo good.


I had a can of pineapple and a bag of coconut on hand, plus the usual butter, flour, eggs, vanilla, etc... I found this recipe and altered away!.  I added pecan pieces and ignored the coconut and pineapple measurements.


People always ask me "how long do I cook it" when I rattle off a recipe I made up/altered, etc.  My answer is most often, "Until it looks done". (Reason number one I don't write recipes...)


I never make the same thing twice because I rarely measure for icing... or anything else for that matter.  (and here's reason number two.)


For the icing: I beat the heck out of butter, dumped in some powdered sugar, a tablespoon or so of crushed pineapple, dumped in coconut (probably 1/2 cup), a squirt of cream of coconut, a splash of vanilla, a splash of butter flavoring, a 1/4 cup of sour cream.... kept mixing... dumped in more powdered sugar and then beat the heck out of it for some fluff.  Bagged the icing and paced and paced waiting on the cupcakes to cool. 


See how moist and flaky they are? I held some out for my family... and friends who've seen my posts today and "happen" to stop by (for a cupcake) and put the rest in the freezer so I wouldn't eat them all. 

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: