- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet

Wednesday, March 21, 2012


My daughter has an absolutely precious teacher. Her grades are higher than they've ever been and my child will do anything to please Mrs. D. Yesterday morning Sierra woke up with a sore throat and said she wanted hot tea.  I drug my body out of bed at 6am and made her the fruitiest hot tea (in my expensive stash) I could find.  She sniffed it and said gross. I stomped back into the kitchen and made her regular decaf tea.  When I handed it to her on her way out the door, she said, "Mom!  I wanted Mrs. D to fix me hot tea!"  Mrs. D apparently steeps fresh mint leaves to make her tea.  Well then!  She left for school sans tea and as I sat licking my wounds, I realized she left her after school barn gear, and her science project at home.  So hair in ponytail, I zoomed down the mountain to deliver them to her.  (Yes, I am a sucker.)  And on the way home, I took my time to enjoy the valley come alive and praised God for the beauty in the world.


And even my ungrateful child. 
Have a happy Wednesday! Take some time to do something nice for someone today
 and stop for a minute to enjoy the world around you!

No comments: