- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Monday Mashup.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Mashup.

Some Mondays are just filled with possibility, don't you think?  It's the beginning of a new week.  A clean slate.  A fresh start on the to-do list.  A new world to explore. Love it.

I am obsessed with this kid:


Got apples?  Every person I think I know has been to Skytop Orchard.  It's the place to go for couples, families with kids, etc for a little pickin' and photo ops. The pictures are taking over my webspace.  I took the lazy way out and chose to purchase my freshly picked Hendersonville apples at Ingles (due to it also having an amazingly convenient and ample selection of wine). Bag of apples? Check.  La Crema? Check.


Apple pie?  Check.  My daughter made these mini apple pies by herself yesterday. No recipe.  Just threw apples, spices and lemon together, cut out some pie crust in circles, put crust in muffin tins, filled them, poked them, brushed them with butter, sprinkled on some sugar and baked them at 425 until they were done.  Ta-da. And they ROCK! My little baker is amazing.  She wants to open a bakery with me one day.


And made this Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese for lunch today. Like my make-do panini maker? Gotta love cast iron pans.

 

I'm on a mission to find the Apple Pie Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Anyone tried it?  And Candy Corn M&M's are back at Target!!!  Pumpkin Spice M&M's are out also out, but I'm skeptical.

USA Today Article (here)
Charlie Hunnam has taken over my pop culture news. (Mercy.)  August 1st cannot come soon enough. Before the big announcement that he was going to play 50 Shade's Christian Gray, I had no idea who he was.  I am now watching Sons of Anarchy.  Warning: What is seen cannot be unseen. It's rough! Totally worth him taking of his shirt every now and then, though.  I am hopeless.

My DVR is bursting at the seems.  Newsroom wrapped last night (spoiler alert!) with Mac and Will's engagement.  Wow!  That came out of left field.  I was bouncing up and down and squealing.  My husband was afraid I was going to pop a stitch. I'm still giddy.

It's almost time for Walking Dead to kick up again.  AMC just announced a spin-off of the series to hopefully debut in 2015. SuWeeet.

I'll leave you on that note.  Stay tuned to the blog this week for stops at Tupelo Honey Greenville, Bacon Bros Public House and Euphoria is on the horizon.

Cheers, y'all.






No comments: