- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: A little Saturday Dis and Dat

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A little Saturday Dis and Dat


What's up my friends?  Can you believe fall is on it's way?  I seriously turned my car around in the middle of the road to head back to Starbuck's today when I heard Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are back. Like NOW.



Never mind I'm on gallbladder enforced dietary lock down until they yank the thing out. I had to get my fix.  Ahhhh.  The smell reminds me of warm fuzzy socks and orange leaves and cinnamon on EVERYTHING.  Oh, and long sleeve t-shirts, God's gift especially to me.  I heart them.


It's fig season and we went to our friends' house last night so it was imperative that I brought a Fig and Gorgonzola pizza for pre-dinner nosh. I ran to Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery for fresh figs and fig preserves and then to Trader Joe's yesterday for their most awesome Gorgonzola cheese and arugula. Leave it to me to drive all over town for one little recipe. I snagged a few other goodies at TJ's including Short Stack Syrup (my husband is making waffles as I type) and Dark Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.  

I am completely in love with Marshmallows at the moment.  They are bits of fluffy goodness.  A culinary cloud.  My obsession started when we were at the beach at the end of July, actually. Well before digestive hell.  The Sullivan's Island Coop had Haypenny s'mores, then I was in Piggly Wiggly on Mount Pleasant and snagged a bag of Campfire Lemon Meringue Mallow Bursts, which taste exactly like lemon pie.  (Sigh.  I miss them. I haven't found them here, but if you see them in Greenville, give me a shout!)


Oh, I also popped into Dapper Ink yesterday to check out their t-shirts.  I wear my green "love Greenville" shirt all the time. I've worn it out.  I grabbed a few of their newer t's for my rotation (only ten bucks each) and found out they are coming out with a brand new line of products to be debuted at Indie Craft Parade next weekend, Sept. 7-8,  in downtown Greenville.  It's a freaking amazing indie craft fair.  Go check it out.


Confessional: I have never seen a single episode of How I Met Your Mother.  My aunt raves.  My mom raves. I totally dig Neil Patrick Harris. I stalk him online.  I love seeing pictures of him, his partner and his twins. Yes, I am one of those people.  I will eventually have to get the show on Netflix or something, I guess.  Anyone else out there watching?

Hashtags.  I don't understand.  I'm totally blowing up Instagram these days, by the way.  I may not be blogging as much at the moment, but you absolutely  must follow me on Instagram to keep up with the business of being me. @gapcreekgourmet. My favorite follow on Instagram? Lena Dunham from HBO's Girls.  She is way cool. Anyway, I get that you can use hashtags to search for similar posts, etc.  But people sure do come up with some craziness. Someone teach me the ways of tagging, please.

#thingsyouwanttocraminyourface
I have made these popcorn cookies a bazillion times since I first told you about them.  You really have to try them. No kidding.

If you live in the Travelers Rest/Greenville area, the Travelers Rest Cookbook Book Club is looking for new members!  We meet the second Monday of each month at Upcountry Provisions and cook from a new cookbook every quarter.  We have an amazing spread of food at every meeting. Let me know if you'd like to join us!

I am in love with the new song "Royals" by Lorde (she's a cutie pie), but does anyone else thing the woman sounds like Poe?



Happy Saturday!
Ta.

No comments: