- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Trader Joes holiday goodie bliss, eggnog and the end of Audrey

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Trader Joes holiday goodie bliss, eggnog and the end of Audrey


Back in the saddle again... (Tis the season for the When Harry Met Sally soundtrack, right?).  Okay, so I'm not really back in a saddle, just back in the swing of things somewhat after a week of hibernation. It's about time!  I can't afford to take the week of Thanksgiving off, now, can I?   There are pumpkin rolls and cheesecakes to be made, Turkeys to be purchased for brining, cranberry sauce to be purchased from the Fresh Market. Then next week it's TREE TIME!!!! (She squeals like a little kid.)

Yesterday while I was out running errands, my mother-in-law dropped these fried apple donuts from Skytop Orchard off on my back porch.  What a very cool surprise.  They are quite possibly the best fried donuts in the world. 

I spent the day running all over town for Christmas craft supplies.  I'm making these little guys thanks to a little Pinterest inspiration.  I'm putting my own spin on them, of course, but aren't they cute little boogers?



And I squeezed in a trip to Trader Joe's amid the fa-la-la for a little holiday goody bliss.  My aunt used to send these to me way before we had a Traders.  



The Dark Chocolate Minty Mallows are melt in your mouth holy-moly goodness. Your eyes will roll back into your head at first bite.  It's a promise.



It's also eggnog season. Every year I try to hold out til after Thanksgiving for the first sip but fail miserably. I caved and got an Eggnog milkshake from Jack in the Box.  



I love these things.  Hell, I love eggnog period: eggnog cookies, ice cream, cakes, cheesecakes... big fan.  I even love it in my morning coffee.  I can't even begin to guess what kind of horribleness it contains. 

So last night was the last episode of the little YouTube miniseries I've been watching called Audrey.  It's like Sex and the City meets foodie world.  I was hooked after the first couple of minutes and then six episodes later, I was holding my head in my hands moaning in sadness that it had to end. What a tease. I hate miniseries.  

Speaking of Television, some genius posted the 2012 Holiday TV Schedule on their blog which in turn was posted on Pinterest.  I think I love this person. Okay, so it's not comprehensive.  I mean, where is Die Hard? But it's a good start and I definitely  wrote a few of these on my calendar for family time.

Have a good Saturday folks.  Until next week...

No comments: