- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Grey, Honey Boo Boo, and the Candy Man

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Grey, Honey Boo Boo, and the Candy Man

My new sweetheart lives at Waccattee Zoo.
I'm up and on a roll on this rainy Tuesday morning doing everything but the things on my to do list. (This news on my iPhone first thing this a.m. might have had something to do with it: Ryan Gosling is rumored to be playing Christian Grey.  Yea me!) My share list for you folks is kinda massive since I haven't posted in a while. This is part one.

First up, throw my hands in the air joy.  Kelly has a new co-host.  I'll say I'm bummed it's not Neil Patrick Harris (love him!!!), but at least it's someone, so that we are saved from the revolving door of very bad substitutes.  Every day at 9 am it's been a total crap shoot when the show comes on.  A girl's gotta have some background noise while she works and I have to admit I've been muting and listening to HLN on Sirius until the torture is over.

Next: Honey Boo-Boo.  Are you serious?  I popped into my hair gal's studio last week to actually get on her calendar (the hair's getting a bit long) and we chatted it up about this show.  I have not watched a whole episode all the way through. I think it's a horrible, horrible train wreck, but the clips still crack me the hell up in a 'your best friend just fell over their own feet in public and your first instinct is to laugh' sort of way. People!  Have you seen Squidbillies?  Enough said. Oh, and there's a pig.


I headed for the coast this long Labor Day weekend.  This time, I headed to South Carolina's Grand Strand  to visit their zoos and animal parks for the day job.  It was super fun but EXHAUSTING in 97 degree heat (plus drenching humidity). I was hoping to pet a tiger... I petted a camel.  And a pig.  Close enough. 

When the work day was over, I did manage to drag everyone around for a few foodie fun stops. Did you know they make these reallllly long Twizzlers? I think I'm in love. I took a pic and put them back.  That bag contains at least 10 lbs waiting to happen.  BAD!


 I popped in to watch this guy make salt water taffy.  I remember eating salt water taffy by the box when I was a kid! The Peanut Butter is my absolute fav!


I haven't been to Myrtle Beach since my child was little. You guys know I'm a Charleston fan for life.  It was nuts to see the pavilion gone.  Such neat memories there.  Once a little monkey stole my brother's snow cone.  (That's not just a random sentence, I swear it happened.) The Pavilion was a huge part of our beach vacation for most of my life.   I used to ride the mind scrambler until I thought I would barf.  Sigh.  Things change and time moves on.  

Anywho.  I'm forcing myself to move on to my actual list of things to do today.  I hope everyone has a good one!  I'll be back in a day or two with a foodie adventure, a few social events and some cool foodie finds... oh, and my Tivo playlist for Fall. Hugs!



















No comments: