- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: shingles, a sweet tooth and baby birds

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

shingles, a sweet tooth and baby birds

Shingles suck. A few months ago one of my best friends got them and I thought, wow!  How in the heck did that happen?  Isn't that for older people?  Nope.  Unless we are now older people. And they are super painful and itch like crazy!  Wishing I'd gotten that vaccine right about now.  I've been awake approximately 1.5 hours today and it's 4:30pm.  Wow.


I'm craving cupcakes, (no, I don't know if it is because of the shingles).  Last time I checked cupcake stores don't deliver. I settled for 1/3 of a box of graham crackers. And I still want cupcakes.

And some of this.


I think my computer was out of order (due to my accidental coffee spillage) when we made our Farmer's Market rounds so you didn't get to see all of my pics.  They have Happy Cow Chocolate Milk at the State Farmer's Market in Greenville along with some of their cheeses, butter, sour cream other tasty treats.  FYI: Cider House on Hwy 25 also carries a small selection of Happy Cow! I heard the Chocolate Milk was amazing.  Understatement.  It is sooo addictive and great in coffee!


The State Farmer's Market also had baby birds.  No, not to buy.  They were in a little nest by the fire extinguisher making all kinds of racket.  I heard them as soon as we walked in the door and followed the noise.

I honestly can't stay awake.  Back to dream land I go! I hope your Tuesday is better than mine!


2 comments:

April said...

Yuck, I've heard shingles are pretty terrible to have! I hope you feel better soon and get those cupcakes you're craving. If it helps, you've definitely got me wanting some chocolate milk right about now!

Nichole Livengood said...

April, thank you for always commenting! It's nice to know someone is out there!