- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: I am not Kate Bosworth and surfing IOP

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I am not Kate Bosworth and surfing IOP

I am terrified of sharks.  Terr-i-fied, but grabbed a SUP board today and headed out to paddle the BIG Water on Isle of Palms. I totally know why surfers wear rash guards.  You should see my arms!  So I couldn't pull of a Kate Bosworth in Blue Crush, but paddled around on my knees for a long time and even stood up (once!), and that was good enough for me.  I was EXHAUSTED and totally proud of myself.  That was some choppy water.

The Windjammer was hosting a Surfing Expo, so I was surrounded by actual surfers trying out different SUP boards.  A little intimidating, but they'd come right up beside me and give me tips and were totally encouraging.  It was awesome!  Can't say I'll do it again this week... I might not be able to get out of the bed tomorrow...but I totally want to get back out there one day and try it again.


In other news we've been eating on-island this week and I've been so hungry and tired by the time we've sat down, I've forgotten to take pictures.  I know, right?  I never, ever forget to take pictures!  It's all the sun and the surfing (wink. wink.).  The best fare so far has been a Shrimp and Chorizo Sausage Quesadilla from Banana Cabana.  I haven't had a single bad meal in that place and the fact that we don't have to get into our car and drive to get a meal is a plus right out of the gate.


I think I'm headed into Chucktown (aka Charleston) this afternoon, so I promise I'll deliver on the pics if I get into anything cool, which, let's face it, will probably happen.  Who are we kidding.


Happy Saturday.  Wishing I had brought this DVD with me. Did I mention that Miss Kate used to date Alexander Skarsgard (Generation Kill, True Blood...)?  Here's hoping he'll be our Mr. Grey. Anyway, here's another summer anthem. 






No comments: