- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Rainy Day Egg White Scramble

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rainy Day Egg White Scramble


For breakfast: an eggwhite scramble, with bell peppers, onions, spinach, salt, pepper, oregano and cave aged Grueyere cheese on toast.  So good.

I love the sound of rain falling on the mountain.  I'm posted up on the couch this morning with my coffee and October 's Food Network, Rachael Ray and Martha Stewart mags to get ideas for the upcoming Halloween party.

I have all of Martha Stewart's mags from 1995ish to prejail (weren't the same after that... and really how many new ideas can she have?) filed by date in our guest/craft storage room. The collection is morbidly heavy.  Believe me.  I've moved it several times.

I have black scrapbook paper and googly eyes close by, too, for making bats that I'm going to put on the wall.  (I'll post a pic if I actually make that happen.)

Today's plan is enjoying the rain, drinking my coffee, researching blog traffic, and cleaning house/doing laundry.  I actually have a clear calendar for a couple of days and am going to full well take advantage of it!

I planned to make more whoopie pies for Boo at the Barn happening Saturday of this weekend, but ran out of parchment...maybe tomorrow.  If you're a Greenvillian (or close by!) and love horses, make the trip to River Fall's Red Barn (1 milish from the F-Mart) on Saturday. Bring the kids for food, music, games and horse rides.  It's a down-home event.  Nothing fancy, but the funds raised help Dogwood Terrace Stables continue their efforts to bring safe haven for horses and kids.  Read here for an article I wrote for Greenville Journal about the barn.

Have a great day and thanks for stalking... I mean following me! :)

1 comment:

Christin said...

We had a rainy day yesterday too in Fort Mill, SC. I wish I had had a rainy day egg white scramble. Looks delicious!
I usually pass on the Martha Mags these days too. Except for her October Edition. She always has the best Halloween ideas.