- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: GF: my new best friend, Voodoo beer and jerky chocolate

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

GF: my new best friend, Voodoo beer and jerky chocolate


Okay, so I had a drink of beer.  I don't like beer.  I appreciate beer, but I don't LIKE beer.  I will nurse a bottle while sitting around a fire with friends or cooking, but would NEVER run in for a cold one after cutting the grass.  Hell, give me a loaf of bread with butter and salt instead.

Or don't. Since, I'm doing the Gluten Free thing for a while.  Honestly, I can tell I feel different just after a little under a week.  Lighter, somehow.  Maybe I've just lost weight, but who cares.  I'm staying the course.  Except for the drink of beer. That I didn't like.   But I haaaaddd tooo.  It was a Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Beer which I snagged at Whole Foods.  Who wouldn't try that? The hubs liked it a lot.  A little bit maple.  A little bit bacon.  A little fruity.  My thoughts? AK! But go for it dude!  It might be good with maple bacon cupcakes...


And we finally cracked open the Jerky Chocolate. Interesting.  Smooth milk chocolate.  A little smokey.  Little bitty bits of jerky.  May have sat on the shelf for a bit long, because let's face it, there aren't many people who will run out to buy chocolate with aged beef, but it is forgiven.  And we can check beefy chocolate off our list.

I think I'm gonna miss bread.  Can anyone recommend a good GF bread that doesn't taste like pulverized rice?

No comments: