- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: A GF Chocolate Chip Single Serve Cookie, Fall TV and Sunday Chatter

Sunday, September 30, 2012

A GF Chocolate Chip Single Serve Cookie, Fall TV and Sunday Chatter



Pinterest saved me today. Almost two weeks into Gluten Free and today I was wanting a chocolate chip cookie so bad I could not stand myself.  An actual chocolate chip cookie. Not a "rice flour" substitute.  So my family was over for dinner and my stepmother told me about a pin she recently found for a recipe for a single serve of such cookie.  They walk out the door and I hit Pinterest for the grandest find of my week - a recipe I could tweak for a gluten-free cookie of my very own.

The original recipe was pinned from this site. Here's my tweak.

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie (Single Serving)
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp sugar
three drops vanilla flavoring
1/4 cup almond flour (or 1/4 cup all purpose flour for gluten eaters)
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsps 60% Ghiradelli Chips (or semisweet choc)

Mix all ingredients well in a small microwave safe bowl.  Microwave 60 seconds.  (My need 10 more seconds  depending on microwave.)  Enjoy!  (But not before it cools or you'll burn your tongue like I did.)

I'd just like to give a shout out to my mother who started the gluten free diet two weeks ago (the reason I started it too) along with going cold turkey on corn and dairy and night shades (white potatoes, peppers, tomatoes...) and she feels no back pain today for the first Sunday in years. So excited for her! She loves food as much as I do and she is being so brave and adjusting to new eating habits so well! (And I'm the one now looking for loopholes! Hahahaha!)

Homeland comes back on tonight. One of my Fall season faves.  I like that Claire Dane's character, Carrie (a CIA agent) is more bipolar crazy than I am, but at the same time it scares the hell out of me.  I was a heaping crying mess on my couch last year when she had her breakdown.  A little too close to the realm of possible in my world.  I've never had a full on in the hospital downward spiral but I sure as hell don't want to either.  I'd be watching reruns leading up to the season two premiere, but don't think I can go through the mental torture again.  Sigh. I will wait until 10 pm thank you very much.   I've got this season's first episode of ABC's series Scandal (another on the top of my must see list) to tide me over.  LOVE that show.


So, I totally broke down and put out Halloween stuff this weekend.  It started with just one box.  And then before I knew it I was flying through 8 boxes like a kid unwrapping Christmas presents.  Then I had a floor full of Halloween stuff to put away after the excitement wore of.  Oh, well. (She shrugs.) I cranked up 40's on 4 on Sirius radio and got busy. I'm now decked out for Halloween.  I'm most excited about my Halloween village.  I collect Lemax and Dept. 56 Halloween Village.  It's super cool all lit up at night and some of my pieces make creepy noises.  (That's my actual live cat, Reiki striking a pose conveniently by the pumpkin.)

Alrighty.  That's the Sunday buzz.  I'm gonna go finish my cookie and have a glass of wine.  Have a good Monday people!





No comments: