- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Weekend Roundup.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Roundup.

 I finally started my first attempt at Limoncello on Friday (to be ready July 4th weekend).  I added the zest of 10 organic (and very expensive!!!) lemons and 750 ml Vodka to two 1/2 gallon jars.  It has to sit for almost 6 weeks and then you make a simple syrup, dump in some water or something and you're done.  I'll keep you posted.  We used the remaining carnage from the organic lemons to make the worlds most expensive lemonade which neither of us have drank any of.  I'm tempted to freeze it, but how? Baggies? Please advise.  There is a gallon of it!

My daughter and I watched the Disney movie Geek Charming and chilled on Saturday night.  Well, she watched and I didn't watch so much as play online. It was a total throwback to Can't Buy Me Love. Remember that flick?  Patrick Dempsey?  Anyone?

I have a new toy for my iPhone. The Hipstamatic App. I had to research how to work the thing.  It's like having a camera bag of all different kinds of old school films and lenses at your disposal for each pic.  It's freaky that a cell phone camera can do the same things we did in darkrooms (remember those?) in college. There's actually a darkroom app now too where you can mix your own virtual chemicals.  Seriously. It's called Swankolab.

I'm going through a semi-vegetarian phase again.  Sunday for dinner we had my Barley's Veggie Wrap (Sort of) Knockoff - minus the pesto... and without large pitas, it actually is a pizza... that you eat with a knife and fork. I can't believe I forgot the pesto!  I knew something was missing! Directions to follow:


1/2 an onion chopped, 1 zucchini sliced thin, 1/2 container of mushrooms sliced. Sauteed together in pan with EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic powder (or 1 clove chopped).  Place 2 whole wheat pita's topped with spaghetti sauce on baking pan..  Divide veggies between 2 pitas. Put handful of shredded motzerella on each pita and cook in oven on broil until the cheese is melted.  Wa-la. Healthy.  Easy. 
 
A bird just swooped down in my yard, picked up a caterpillar (or worm) and flew off again.  Must be lunchtime for him, too.  I just drank my lunch.  A smoothie with: 1 banana, two handfuls of spinach, a 1/2 c. of milk, a cup of ice, a cup of water, 1/4 cup of oats, 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of honey. Blend. Straw. 

I have a jacked up hip and knee.... and right thumb.  I feel 80.  Bursitis sucks.  I have big plans for hiking, traveling and paddle boarding this summer.  I'm starting an all out war to get this thing gone, and thus making some doctors very wealthy in the coming weeks.  That'll teach bursitis to mess with me!!! 

I've been obsessed with the idea of paddleboarding at the beach since I tried stand up paddleboarding last summer for an article assignment. I'm gonna put my fear of sharks aside (or at least take a few shots to dull the terror) and paddle dad gum it! I'm gonna! 

Congrats to Martha Vaughn for snagging the first Gap Creek Gourmet Snag that Swag Euphoria gift bag.  I'm posting another giveaway late this week or early next, so stay tuned!  And if you haven't signed up to have my blog come to your email box, do that, so you won't miss the announcement!  

That's all I got today. Off to the chiropractor. 

Happy Monday all!




No comments: