- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: TEDxGvlle and a little Travelers Rest chow buzz

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

TEDxGvlle and a little Travelers Rest chow buzz

Oh, I am such a bad, bad blogger!  I have neglected my audience (that would be you) for way too long and for that, I am so very sorry!   I have been busy, and well, quite frankly a little nuts this week...not quite enough for the men in the little white coats to show up on my doorstep, but...  No worries. It's passing, so I'm back at it. Now on with it!  Let's get caught up a bit.


TEDxGreenville was last week.  I helped.  Mrs. VIP helper checked people in at the VIP party and added a certain cheeriness to the air... oh, and I had a little VIP chow which included a shrimp and grits bar from Good Life Catering Company.  Check out the speaker line-up from day of.  I assume the videos will be posted online soon.  It was awesome to see the beautiful poetess Glenis Redmond and to meet Jennifer Pickering who founded Lake Edens Art Festival (LEAF)! Other hightlights were Mac Arnold & Plate Full O' Blues, The Bent Strings, sintax.the.terrific aka Josev Brewer and meeting Ian Belknap, founder of Write Club. Very cool event. Looking forward to TEDxSpartanburg in late summer.

Last week I also met a few TR people-that-know-things at The Forest (formerly Leopard Forest Coffee Company) and go the 411 on the changing culinary tide in my hometown.  This is the buzz: A new dog friendly restaurant/bar is slated to open on Main Street TR across from the gazebo. Upcountry Previsions is moving right along and will be opening soon around the corner from All About Me (may already be open?). Chef Giovanni's is also on again and hopefully will be open by mid-May.  That's three new restaurants!  The TR Community Farmer's Market starts the 1st Saturday in May.  I'm so excited to see Travelers Rest moving forward!

Alas it is my bedtime.  I am taking a break from A Dance with Dragons to read some Nicholas Sparks.  Needed a change of pace.  Night all!

to be continued....

No comments: