- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Pie Party

Monday, November 21, 2011

Pie Party


My friend Josie and her man, Jerry, invited me along for a pie party this weekend.  A party. Involving pie?  I had to go! We drove out to Pelzer, South Carolina to a little goat farm (with giant goats). People came from near and far with pies to be judged by party guests on best crust, most savory, best use of bacon, best dessert pie, etc.  People lined up for a buffet style sampling of the spread and filled out a ballot when their bellies were full.  They also had a fire in a big round fire pit to warm our tooshies. I thought it was a truly great idea for a party!


My pie party creation: Orange and Pepper Brown Sugar Pie
with Candied Bacon and Toasted, Peppered Pecans

Jerry's Swiss, Onion and Mushroom Crustless Quiche





No comments: