- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Back in the kitchen...if only for a moment.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back in the kitchen...if only for a moment.

I've been crazy busy this week: writing and researching for my other gigs, taking dogs to the vet, playing mommy taxi, and running back and forth to town for interviews and meetings, but I found my way back to the kitchen this morning for a few minutes to whip up a breakfast pizza. (Inspired by a recipe I saw on Chow this week.)



1 Whole Wheat Pita
spread on 1/2 tbsp pepper jelly
cover with handful of spinach
sprinkle mexican blend cheese over spinach
Saute 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper and onion with salt and pepper...
Dump 1/2 pepper and onion mix on top of spinach
Lightly scrambled egg mixed with other half of pepper and onion mix.  Egg will still be a little runny.
Broil until melty and spinach is a little wilted.

You can put a raw egg in the middle of the pizza and broil it until the egg white is firm, but I don't like sunny side up eggs.... so I scrambled.

No comments: