- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Pecking on the back porch...

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Pecking on the back porch...

After practically an entire summer so far of 90 degree weather, it is holding steady at low 80-something today. Overcast and amazingly cool outside. I am stoked and have taken up residence on our screened in porch to work and revamp the resume. Still gunning for a freelance gig at Garden & Gun. The pursuit continues. I think my resume is long enough! Also researching slow food today. There's a new certified Slow Food Market in Greenville... only one in U.S. apparently. Picking up Sierra from horse camp and then going to meet Jim Lyle from Brick House Farms at Whole Foods Farmers Market. Might buy some meat. Really wanted to visit the farm today, but meeting Molly before I cook her might not be such a good idea for my tender heart.
Blog updates: Cupcake baking is still in full swing: Gorgonzola, blueberry, pecan with maple bourbon icing... see? I can whip up a few things.... they were pretty damn good! Not selling as much lately since I find myself taking them with me when we go see friends. You should see their faces fall when they find out I'm not packin'! House is good. Family is good. Cooking is good. Wine is good. Life is good. Amen. Will post pic of something later...

No comments: