- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: I wanted French Toast for dinner.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I wanted French Toast for dinner.

So I wanted French Toast for dinner.  I googled and searched around but didn't find a recipe that struck my fancy.  Dangerous territory in my house.  That's when I start experimenting.  I like to call this dish "What the hell is that?"... which is what my husband said when he saw his plate.

I started with organic Italian Sausages from Brick House Farms.  I browned them in a pan and added a maple red wine glaze.  (aka I dumped some Gnarly Head Zin and Trader Joe's Maple Syrup in the pan and cooked it down on a whim)

 Then I made cinnamon carrots in the microwave and the french toast I was desperately wanting.  I drenched the perfect, eggy, fall spiced bread in a a little date balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.  Ta-Da!  A really interesting, and tasty dinner. (Or What the hell is that?)





No comments: