- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Some days I feel like a hooker...

Monday, February 09, 2009

Some days I feel like a hooker...

Some days I feel like a hooker. Well, I do! I spend half the day selling myself and the other half working for my money. Come to think of it, all creatives have to be hookers if they want to make a good go of it. If you aren’t out there shouting your own praises and spreading your own honest truths, you aren’t gonna get very far.

Out of all of the artists in the vast pond, the ones who swim to the top, are the individuals who are shouting the loudest. I do this! Look what I made! I’m going here or there! Look at my stuff! It’s great! I’m great! The world is great! (The ones at the bottom are silent and waiting…)

Point: Beat the pavement. Strut your stuff. Be loud and glorious, and show some leg. It’s the only way to bring in the big bucks.

Two local creatives who are workin' it: www.creativechick.com www.emilyclarkestudio.com

No comments: