- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Eat a lot of Turkey: Don't forget to say thanks.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Eat a lot of Turkey: Don't forget to say thanks.

For all these things I am thankful Posted by Hello

I am thankful for the morning chill that wafts through my den
by my feet, pushes me to get under a blanket
I am thankful for the falling leaves
my daughter inventories the color as we pass each winding curve
I am thankful for my husband who
still looks at me on occasion, as if it were the first time he sees me.
I am thankful for cats that swarm at my feet
and the dog that barks a warning at passing wildlife and strangers
God bless the mountain that holds us all together
holds us a little closer to reality and the things
we whisper thanks for when we close our eyes.

No comments: