- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Ringing in 2014, tasty Shrimp Bruschetta, and an exciting year to come

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ringing in 2014, tasty Shrimp Bruschetta, and an exciting year to come


Happy New Year's Eve Gap Creek Gourmet readers.  I want to thank each and every one of you for hanging out with me this year! It's been an incredible 2013, but I have to say that 2014 has so much more in store.  I am crazy excited. There's going to be more chef interviews, more traveling, and more making a mess in my kitchen.  A few of the things on the horizon?  Meeting Adam Roberts, The Amateur Gourmet himself, trips to Winston-Salem and Charlotte to check out their food scene, a trip to Terra in Columbia to meet chef Mike Davis, San Diego in October!, tons of time in Isle of Palms and bebopping all over Charleston for some foodie fun. Lots in store!

One of my Gap Creek Gourmet adventures this year was a stop at The Carolina Bed and Breakfast for afternoon happy hour.  Innkeepers Susan and James welcomed us with a wonderful spread of snacks.  When I tried this Shrimp "Ceviche" I HAD to have the recipe to share with you. And on New Year's Eve, no less!  I just whipped up my own batch for a party with friends tonight and if you're looking for a last minute recipe to wow the crowd, you can make some too!


Shrimp "Ceviche"

1 lb. cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
2 small tomatoes, cored and chopped (1 cup)
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1 garlic clove chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar or peach balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

I am serving in little single serve bowls with a bowl of Triscuits on the side.


Cheers and happy 2014!










No comments: