- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Tuesday Mish Mash: pigs, wine and a crazy new cooking store.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Mish Mash: pigs, wine and a crazy new cooking store.


I totally held a pig last weekend.  And I swear it was one of the coolest things I've done in FOREVER.  We were at the Boone Hall Farm Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch and this year, God bless them, they had a petting zoo complete with a llama, a calf, goats, bunnies, a mini donkey, and baby PIGGGSSSS. I already thought they were the bees knees for having a cool corn maze and the biggest pumpkins I've seen in South Carolina, but cuddly animals too?! I went through the petty zoo twice. Well, I can check that off my bucket list.


I am in love with this wine.  Apothic Red is one of our go-to easy wines. It's $9. It appeals to a wide range of tastes. Bam.  But this new Apothic Dark is deeper and richer.  So yum.  I must stock up before it is all gone.


We make Low Country Boil (aka Frogmore Stew) every time we go to Isle of Palms, so last weekend, I decided to mix it up a bit and make Shrimp and Sausage Burritos.  They turned out really well. Shrimp, sausage, onions, peppers, black beans, corn, taco seasoning, guac, sour cream, and my father-in-law's homemade salsa.  Next time, I'm throwing in some fried potatoes, and that will about cover it, don't you think?

I am 100% obsessed with the casting of the Fifty Shades of Gray movie.  Obsessed. Obsessed. Obsessed.  I won't bore you, but feel free to comment.


OMG! I have to tell you about this crazy new cooking store called Southern Season my friend told me about on Mt. Pleasant.  It's like the Fresh Market on crack.  It's a cooking school, a market and a restaurant all in one big strip.  Strangely, the market has no fresh veggies or meat department (really?!) but there is a big deli and a bakery with the craziest selection of iced cookies (one of my favorite things) I've ever seen, a huge candy department, more condiments than I thought existed, tons of gluten free dry goods (cookies, etc and baking mixes), a big house wares section with ridiculous collections of cutlery and candles and aprons... bags... it's a weird place.  But they have wine and beer.  Isn't that all we really care about?

The menus from the Restaurant at Southern Season looked pretty dang cool.  They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and weekend brunch with dishes like the Bourbon BBQ Porterhouse Pork Chop with Bleu Cheese Macaroni and Pickled Peaches. Are you drooling yet? When I get back to the island, I'm totally meeting a friend there for the mini-menu and drinks they serve from 3-5pm.

Here's another pig picture.  Just for kicks and giggles.


I'm so ready for Halloween.  My Halloween houses are out... all lit up and making spooookkky noises. I went to no less than five stores yesterday looking for more Halloween decorations for my house.  (Like I need anymore.) And I am all stocked up on Candy Corn.  I'll save my costume for the after Halloween party pics because I don't want to ruin my husband's big surprise costume.  What's everyone out there planning on being for Halloween?  

That's all I have for now.  Happy Tuesday!



No comments: