- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TapQ9hQj.dpuf gap creek gourmet: Valley girls hit the town for Tapas and 'Tinis

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Valley girls hit the town for Tapas and 'Tinis


The folks at Euphoria threw one hell of a preview party last Thursday night at one of Greenville's premier event spaces, The Loft at Soby's.  My buddy and I ventured off the mountain to check out the fare and mingle a bit. 

photo booth fun.
Liquid Catering was in the house pouring reds and whites from J. Lohr vineyards and mixing up tasty blueberry drinks. I had quite a few of these little marvels. (Van Gogh Vodka and Greenville's Town Magazine kindly sponsored the event).  And big time chef Daryl Shular was manning the kitchen with Soby's folks.  Aside from being the Corporate Executive Chef for Performance Foodservice-Milton's, Shular's a gold metal winner at the International Culinary Olympics (honestly, I didn't know this existed, but I'm intrigued) and is on the 2012 ICS International Culinary Olympic Team.  All I know for sure is that he was whipping up some pretty seriously fantastic party fare.  (The beef bites with foie gras was off the chain folks! I know, I know animal cruelty and all...)


After grazing, we headed up the spiral staircase for the rooftop scene.  Greenville band Wine Down and a pretty awesome jazz/funk band that plays Brown Street Jazz Club (and were headed there after) kept the tunes rolling and the people dancing.  Euphoria's Executive Director, Gillian Trimboli knows a bit about throwing a swanky party.

I'm stoked about Euphoria this year.  Last year was my first trip to the big show weekend and I swear to pete I was sick of eating and drinking by Sunday.  I just wanted a cracker and water... okay, not even that. 

 This year's lineup of superstar chefs include: New York Chefs George Mendes, Kenny Callaghan, and Carmen Quagliata, and  Joseph Lenn, of The Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee.  Also in town are Charleston talents, Jeremiah Bacon, the Executive Chef and Partner at  The Macintosh on King Street (on my go to list!) and Craig Deihl, the Chef de Cuisine of Charleston's Cypress!


I have to be honest, I enjoy seeing the talent brought in from out of town, but I think I'm more star struck by the talented chefs from the Upstate.  We have some seriously amazing chefs here!  I turn into the biggest fan girl around Devereaux's Chef Spencer Thompson, The Lazy Goat Chef Vicky Moore (love her!), Stella's Southern Bistro Chef Jason Scholz,  Chef de Cuisine Shaun Garcia from Soby's, and Grits and Groceries owner and Chef Heidi Trull. I was so nervous about talking to Heidi, I didn't even walk up to her for a pic when I was at her restaurant last week!  What's wrong with me?  I totally talked to her husband Joe (who is a pastry and dessert god) but could I talk to her?  No.  What the hell, right?

I'm thinking you should grab a ticket. Seriously, you'll eat some of the best food of your life. The Taste of the South event is an absolute must.  Edwin McCain takes the stage at the end of the evening.  Cool, eh? Go here for ticket info. 

Thanks for an awesome party folks and a shout out to my new friend Saige Irlacher who owns Saige Consignment Boutique on Pelham Road.

No comments: